Meaning of meteor
Pronunciation: (mē'tē-ur, -ôr"), [key]
- a meteoroid that has entered the earth's atmosphere.
- a transient fiery streak in the sky produced by a meteoroid passing through the earth's atmosphere; a shooting star or bolide.
- any person or object that moves, progresses, becomes famous, etc., with spectacular speed.
- (formerly) any atmospheric phenomenon, as hail or a typhoon.
- (cap.)Britain's first operational jet fighter, a twin-engine aircraft that entered service in 1944.
- meteor (Thesaurus)