Meaning of mend
Pronunciation: (mend), [key]
- to make (something broken, worn, torn, or otherwise damaged) whole, sound, or usable by repairing: to mend old clothes; to mend a broken toy.
- to remove or correct defects or errors in.
- to set right; make better; improve: to mend matters.
- to progress toward recovery, as a sick person.
- (of broken bones) to grow back together; knit.
- to improve, as conditions or affairs.
- to refurl sails that have been badly furled.
- the act of mending; repair or improvement.
- a mended place.
- The breach between father and son is on the mend.
- recovering from an illness.
- improving in general, as a state of affairs:The breach between father and son is on the mend.
- mend (Thesaurus)