Meaning of memorandum
Pronunciation: (mem"u-ran'dum), [key]
— pl. -dums, -da
- a short note designating something to be remembered, esp. something to be done or acted upon in the future; reminder.
- a record or written statement of something.
- an informal message, esp. one sent between two or more employees of the same company, concerning company business: an interoffice memorandum.
- a writing, usually informal, containing the terms of a transaction.
- a summary of the state of an issue, the reasons for a decision agreed on, etc.
- a document transferring title to goods but authorizing the return of the goods to the seller at the option of the buyer.
- memorandum (Thesaurus)