melon: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mel'un), [key]
- the fruit of any of various plants of the gourd family, as the muskmelon or watermelon.
- medium crimson or deep pink.
- the visible upper portion of the head of a surfacing whale or dolphin, including the beak, eyes, and blowhole.
- Profits zoomed so in the last quarter that the corporation cut a nice melon.
- a large extra dividend, often in the form of stock, to be distributed to stockholders:Profits zoomed so in the last quarter that the corporation cut a nice melon.
- any windfall of money to be divided among specified participants.
- melon (Thesaurus)