media: Meaning and Definition of
- a pl. of
- the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely: The media are covering the speech tonight.
- pertaining to or concerned with such means: a job in media research.
— pl. -di•ae
- a voiced plosive, as &bgr;, &dgr;, &ggr;.
- the middle layer of an artery or lymphatic vessel.
- a longitudinal vein in the middle portion of the wing of an insect.
- an ancient country in W Asia, S of the Caspian Sea, corresponding generally to NW Iran. Cap.: Ecbatana.
- media (Thesaurus)