Meaning of mastic
Pronunciation: (mas'tik), [key]
- Also calleda small Mediterranean tree, Pistacia lentiscus, of the cashew family, that is the source of an aromatic resin used in making varnish and adhesives.
- any of several similar or related trees, as a pepper tree, Schinus molle, of western South America.
- the resin obtained from the mastic.
- any similar resin, esp. one yielded by other trees of the same genus.
- any of various preparations containing bituminous materials and used as an adhesive or seal.
- a pasty form of cement used for filling holes in masonry or plaster.
- mastic (Thesaurus)