Meaning of marc
Pronunciation: (märk Fr. mar), [key]
- the grapes contained in the wine press and the residue, as skins and pips, remaining after the juice is expressed.
- (in France) the brandy distilled from this residue.
- the residue that remains following the extraction of active principles from a vegetable drug by means of a solvent.
Pronunciation: (märk for 1 also Ger. märk), [key]
- (fränts), 1880–1916, German painter.
- a male given name, form of
Pronunciation: (märk), [key]
— n. Library Science.
- a standardized system developed by the Library of Congress for producing and transmitting machine-readable bibliographic records.
- marc (Thesaurus)