Meaning of manta
Pronunciation: (man'tu Sp. män'tä), [key]
— pl. -tas
- (in Spain and Spanish America) a cloak or wrap.
- the type of blanket or cloth used on a horse or mule.
- a movable shelter formerly used to protect besiegers, as when attacking a fortress.
- Also calledany of several tropical rays of the small family Mobulidae, esp. of the genus Manta, measuring from 2 to 24 ft. (0.6 to 7.3 m) across, including the pectoral fins. See illus. in preceding column.
Pronunciation: (män'tä, -tu), [key]
- a seaport in W Ecuador, on Manta Bay. 64,569.
- manta (Thesaurus)