Meaning of mall
Pronunciation: (môlBrit.also mal), [key]
- Also calleda large retail complex containing a variety of stores and often restaurants and other business establishments housed in a series of connected or adjacent buildings or in a single large building. Cf.
- a large area, usually lined with shade trees and shrubbery, used as a public walk or promenade.
- a strip of land, usually planted or paved, separating lanes of opposite traffic on highways, boulevards, etc.
- the game of pall-mall.
- the mallet used in the game of pall-mall.
- the place or alley where pall-mall was played.
- mall (Thesaurus)