Meaning of making
Pronunciation: (mā'king), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that makes: The making of a violin requires great skill.
- structure; constitution; makeup.
- the means or cause of success or advancement: to be the making of someone.
- Usually,capacity or potential: He has the makings of a first-rate officer.
- the makings for a tossed salad.
- material of which something may be made:the makings for a tossed salad.
- Older Slang.paper and tobacco with which to make a hand-rolled cigarette.
- something made.
- the quantity made: a making of butter.
- in the process of being made; developing or evolving; growing: Our space scientists see history in the making.
- making (Thesaurus)