Meaning of majesty
Pronunciation: (maj'u-stē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- regal, lofty, or stately dignity; imposing character; grandeur: majesty of bearing; the majesty of Chartres.
- supreme greatness or authority; sovereignty: All paid tribute to the majesty of Rome.
- (usually cap.) a title used when speaking of or to a sovereign (usually prec. by his, her, or your): His Majesty's Navy; Will your Majesty hear our petitions?
- a royal personage, or royal personages collectively: The royal wedding was attended by the majesties of Europe.
- a representation of Christ as ruler of the universe.
- majesty (Thesaurus)