macro: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mak'rō), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -ros.
- very large in scale, scope, or capability.
- of or pertaining to macroeconomics.
- anything very large in scale, scope, or capability.
- a macro lens.
- Also calledan instruction that represents a sequence of instructions in abbreviated form.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a combining form meaning “large,” “long,” “great,” “excessive,” used in the formation of compound words, contrasting with micro-: macrocosm; macrofossil; macrograph; macroscopic.