Mackenzie: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mu-ken'zē), [key]
- 1764–1820, Scottish explorer in Canada.
- 1822–92, Canadian statesman, born in Scotland: prime minister 1873–78.
- 1795–1861, Canadian political leader and journalist, born in Scotland.
- a river in NW Canada, flowing NW from the Great Slave Lake to the Arctic Ocean. 1120 mi. (1800 km) long; with tributaries 2525 mi. (4065 km) long.
- a district in the SW Northwest Territories of Canada. 527,490 sq. mi. (1,366,200 sq. km).
- mackenzie (Thesaurus)