lurch: Meaning and Definition of
- an act or instance of swaying abruptly.
- a sudden tip or roll to one side, as of a ship or a staggering person.
- an awkward, swaying or staggering motion or gait.
- (of a ship) to roll or pitch suddenly.
- to make a lurch; move with lurches; stagger: The wounded man lurched across the room.
- a situation at the close of various games in which the loser scores nothing or is far behind the opponent.
- to leave in an uncomfortable or desperate situation; desert in time of trouble: Our best salesperson left us in the lurch at the peak of the busy season.
- to do out of; defraud; cheat.
- to acquire through underhanded means; steal; filch.
- to lurk near a place; prowl.
- the act of lurking or state of watchfulness.
- lurch (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.