Meaning of luck
Pronunciation: (luk), [key]
- the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities: With my luck I'll probably get pneumonia.
- good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance:luck finding work. He had no
- a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person: She's had nothing but bad luck all year.
- some object on which good fortune is supposed to depend: This rabbit's foot is my luck.
- in unfortunate circumstances; unlucky: She hated to see her old friend so down on her luck.
- lucky; fortunate: We were in luck, for the bakery was still open.
- the luck one has in or as if in drawing cards.
- unlucky; unfortunate: When it comes to getting World Series tickets, we're usually out of luck.
- to try to make too much of an opportunity; go too far.
Pronunciation: (ltsk Pol. wtsk), [key]
- Polish name of
- luck (Thesaurus)