Pronunciation: (luv'lē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. adv. -li•er, -li•est, -lies,
- charmingly or exquisitely beautiful: a lovely flower.
- having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye, as a person or a face.
- delightful; highly pleasing: to have a lovely time.
- of a great moral or spiritual beauty: a lovely character.
- a beautiful woman, esp. a show girl.
- any person or thing that is pleasing, highly satisfying, or the like: Every car in the new line is a lovely.
- very well; splendidly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.