Meaning of loud
Pronunciation: (loud), [key]
— adj., adv. -er, -est,
- (of sound) strongly audible; having exceptional volume or intensity: loud talking; loud thunder; loud whispers.
- making, emitting, or uttering strongly audible sounds: a quartet of loud trombones.
- clamorous, vociferous, or blatant; noisy: a loud party; a loud demonstration.
- emphatic or insistent: to be loud in one's praises; a loud denial.
- garish, conspicuous, or ostentatious, as colors, dress, or the wearer of garish dress: loud ties; a loud dresser.
- obtrusively vulgar, as manners or persons.
- strong or offensive in smell.
- in a loud manner; loudly: Don't talk so loud.
- aloud; audibly: I thought it, but I never said it out loud. Just whisper, don't speak out loud.
- loud (Thesaurus)