Meaning of lost
Pronunciation: (lôst, lost), [key]
- no longer possessed or retained: lost friends.
- no longer to be found: lost articles.
- having gone astray or missed the way; bewildered as to place, direction, etc.: lost children.
- not used to good purpose, as opportunities, time, or labor; wasted: a lost advantage.
- being something that someone has failed to win: a lost prize.
- ending in or attended with defeat: a lost battle.
- destroyed or ruined: lost ships.
- preoccupied; rapt: He seems lost in thought.
- distracted; distraught; desperate; hopeless: the lost look of a man trapped and afraid.
- I think I'll get lost before an argument starts.
- to absent oneself:I think I'll get lost before an argument starts.
- to stop being a nuisance:If they call again, tell them to get lost.
- The opportunity was lost to him.
- no longer belonging to.
- no longer possible or open to:The opportunity was lost to him.
- insensible to:lost to all sense of duty.
- pt. and pp. of
- lost (Thesaurus)