Meaning of London
Pronunciation: (lun'dun), [key]
- 1876–1916, U.S. short-story writer and novelist.
- a metropolis in SE England, on the Thames: capital of the United Kingdom.
- an old city in the central part of the former county of London: the ancient nucleus of the modern metropolis. 5400; 1 sq. mi. (3 sq. km).
- a former administrative county comprising the City of London and 28 metropolitan boroughs, now part of Greater London.
- an urban area comprising the city of London and 32 metropolitan boroughs. 7,111,500; 609 sq. mi. (1575 sq. km).
- a city in S Ontario, in SE Canada. 240,392.
- London (Thesaurus)