loin: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (loin), [key]
- Usually,the part or parts of the human body or of a quadruped animal on either side of the spinal column, between the false ribs and hipbone.
- a cut of meat from this region of an animal, esp. a portion including the vertebrae of such parts. See diag. under
- the parts of the body between the hips and the lower ribs, esp. regarded as the seat of physical strength and generative power.
- the genital and pubic area; genitalia.
- to prepare oneself for something requiring readiness, strength, or endurance: He girded his loins to face his competitor.
- loin (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.