Meaning of lizard
Pronunciation: (liz'urd), [key]
- any of numerous scaly reptiles of the suborder Sauria, order Squamata, typically having a moderately elongate body, a tapering tail, and two pairs of legs held outward from the body, comprising mostly terrestrial and burrowing species.
- any of various reptiles resembling a lizard, as a dinosaur or crocodile.
- leather made from the skin of the lizard, used for shoes, purses, etc.
- (cap.)the constellation Lacerta.
- a pennant used as a leader for running rigging, having a thimble or bull's-eye.
- lizard (Thesaurus)