literate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lit'ur-it), [key]
- able to read and write.
- having or showing knowledge of literature, writing, etc.; literary; well-read.
- characterized by skill, lucidity, polish, or the like: His writing is literate but cold and clinical.
- having knowledge or skill in a specified field: literate in computer usage.
- having an education; educated.
- a person who can read and write.
- a learned person.
- literate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.