limited: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lim'i-tid), [key]
- confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed: a limited space; limited resources.
- restricted with reference to governing powers by limitations prescribed in laws and in a constitution: a limited monarch.
- characterized by an inability to think imaginatively or independently; lacking originality or scope; narrow: a rather limited intelligence.
- responsible for the debts of a company only to a specified amount proportionate to the percentage of stock held.
- (of a business firm) owned by stockholders, each having a restricted liability for the company's debts.
- (usually cap.) incorporated; Inc. Abbr.: Ltd.
- (of railroad trains, buses, etc.) making only a limited number of stops en route.
- a limited train, bus, etc.
- limited (Thesaurus)