Meaning of lid
Pronunciation: (lid), [key]
— n., v., lid•ded, lid•ding.
- a removable or hinged cover for closing the opening, usually at the top, of a pot, jar, trunk, etc.; a movable cover.
- an eyelid.
- a restraint, ceiling, or curb, as on prices or news.
- a hat, cap, or other head covering.
- (in mosses)
- the cover of the capsule; operculum.
- the upper section of a pyxidium.
- one ounce of marijuana.
- to expose to public view, esp. to reveal something scandalous, illegal, etc.
- to lose control, esp. to rage hysterically: He nearly flipped his lid over the way they damaged his car.
- to supply or cover with a lid.
- lid (Thesaurus)