Meaning of lend
Pronunciation: (lend), [key]
— v., lent, lend•ing.
- to grant the use of (something) on condition that it or its equivalent will be returned.
- to give (money) on condition that it is returned and that interest is paid for its temporary use.
- to give or contribute obligingly or helpfully: to lend one's aid to a cause.
- to adapt (oneself or itself&hasp;) to something: The building should lend itself to inexpensive remodeling.
- to furnish or impart: Distance lends enchantment to the view.
- to make a loan.
- to give help; aid: If everyone lends a hand, we can have dinner ready in half an hour.
- lend (Thesaurus)