leaden: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (led'n), [key]
- inertly heavy like lead; hard to lift or move: a leaden weight; leaden feet.
- dull, spiritless, or gloomy, as in mood or thought: leaden prose; a leaden atmosphere.
- of a dull gray color: leaden skies.
- oppressive; heavy: a leaden silence.
- sluggish; listless: They moved at a leaden pace.
- of poor quality or little value.
- made or consisting of lead.
- to make leaden, sluggish, dull, etc.: Fatigue had leadened his brain and step.
- leaden (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.