lath: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lath, läth), [key]
— n., pl. v. laths
- a thin, narrow strip of wood, used with other strips to form latticework, a backing for plaster or stucco, a support for slates and other roofing materials, etc.
- a group or quantity of such strips.
- work consisting of such strips.
- wire mesh or the like used in place of wooden laths as a backing for plasterwork.
- a thin, narrow, flat piece of wood used for any purpose.
- to cover or line with laths.
- lath (Thesaurus)