Meaning of landing
Pronunciation: (lan'ding), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that lands: The pilot brought his plane in for a landing.
- a place where persons or goods are landed, as from a ship: The boat moored at the landing.
- a platform between flights of stairs.
- the floor at the head or foot of a flight of stairs.
- the overlap of two plates or planks, as in a clinker-built shell.
- the distance between the center of a rivet hole and the edge of the plate or shape into which it is cut.
- landing (Thesaurus)