Meaning of Judas
Pronunciation: ( j'dus), [key]
- Also calledthe disciple who betrayed Jesus. Mark 3:19.
- a person treacherous enough to betray a friend; traitor.
- Also calledorone of the 12 apostles (not Judas Iscariot). Luke 6:16; Acts 1:13; John 14:22.
- a brother of James (and possibly of Jesus). Matt. 13:55; Mark 6:3.
- (usually l.c.) Also calleda peephole, as in an entrance door or the door of a prison cell.
- (of an animal) used as a decoy to lead other animals to slaughter: A Judas goat led sheep into the abattoir.
- Judas (Thesaurus)