Meaning of Jackson
Pronunciation: ( jak'sun), [key]
- (“Old Hickory”), 1767–1845, U.S. general: 7th president of the U.S. 1829–37.
- (Helen Maria Fiske), 1830–85, U.S. novelist and poet.
- born 1941, U.S. Baptist minister and civil-rights and political activist.
- 1911–72, U.S. gospel singer.
- 1892–1954, U.S. jurist: associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court 1941–54.
- (“Stonewall Jackson”), 1824–63, Confederate general in the American Civil War.
- a city in and the capital of Mississippi, in the central part. 202,895.
- a city in W Tennessee. 49,131.
- a city in S Michigan. 39,739.
- a town in NW Wyoming: resort near Jackson Hole. 4511.
- a male given name, meaning “son of Jack.”
- jackson (Thesaurus)