Meaning of invert
Pronunciation: (v.in-vûrt'adj., n.in'vûrt), [key]
- to turn upside down.
- to reverse in position, order, direction, or relationship.
- to turn or change to the opposite or contrary, as in nature, bearing, or effect: to invert a process.
- to turn inward or back upon itself.
- to turn inside out.
- to subject to inversion.
- to subject to musical inversion.
- to articulate as a retroflex vowel.
- to become inverted.
- subjected to inversion.
- a person or thing that is inverted.
- a homosexual.
- (in plumbing) that portion of the interior of a drain or sewer pipe where the liquid is deepest.
- an inverted arch or vault.
- a two-colored postage stamp with all or part of the central design printed upside down in relation to the inscription.
- invert (Thesaurus)