intuition: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in"t-ish'un, -ty-), [key]
- direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
- a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
- a keen and quick insight.
- the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
- an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by a previous cognition of the same object.
- any object or truth so discerned.
- pure, untaught, noninferential knowledge.
- the ability of the native speaker to make linguistic judgments, as of the grammaticality, ambiguity, equivalence, or nonequivalence of sentences, deriving from the speaker's native-language competence.
- intuition (Thesaurus)