Meaning of internship
Pronunciation: (in'tûrn-ship"), [key]
- the state or condition of being an intern.
- the period during which a person serves as an intern.
- any official or formal program to provide practical experience for beginners in an occupation or profession: an internship for management trainees.
- a position as a participant in such a program: She has accepted an internship in a law firm.
- any period of time during which a beginner acquires experience in an occupation, profession, or pursuit: She had a long internship before starting her own recording studio.
- internship (Thesaurus)