intern: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.in-tûrn'n.in'tûrn), [key]
- to restrict to or confine within prescribed limits, as prisoners of war, enemy aliens, or combat troops who take refuge in a neutral country.
- to impound or hold within a country until the termination of a war, as a ship of a belligerent that has put into a neutral port and remained beyond a limited period.
- a person who is or has been interned; internee.
Pronunciation: (in'tûrn), [key]
- a resident member of the medical staff of a hospital, usually a recent medical school graduate serving under supervision.
- a person who works as an apprentice or trainee in an occupation or profession to gain practical experience, and sometimes also to satisfy legal or other requirements for being licensed or accepted professionally.
- to be or perform the duties of an intern.
Pronunciation: (in-tûrn'), [key]
— adj. Archaic.
- intern (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.