ingrain: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.in-grān'adj., n.in'grān&sec), [key]
- to implant or fix deeply and firmly, as in the nature or mind.
- ingrained; firmly fixed.
- (of fiber or yarn) dyed in a raw state, before being woven or knitted.
- made of fiber or yarn so dyed: ingrain fabric.
- (of carpets) made of ingrain yarn and so woven as to show a different pattern on each side; reversible.
- yarn, wool, etc., dyed before manufacture.
- an ingrain carpet.
- ingrain (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.