infinity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-fin'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the quality or state of being infinite.
- something that is infinite.
- infinite space, time, or quantity.
- an infinite extent, amount, or number.
- an indefinitely great amount or number.
- the assumed limit of a sequence, series, etc., that increases without bound.
- infinite distance or an infinitely distant part of space.
- a distance between a subject and the camera so great that rays of light reflected from the subject may be regarded as parallel.
- a distance setting of the camera lens beyond which everything is in focus.
- infinity (Thesaurus)