Meaning of infect
Pronunciation: (in-fekt'), [key]
- to affect or contaminate (a person, organ, wound, etc.) with disease-producing germs.
- to affect with disease.
- to taint or contaminate with something that affects quality, character, or condition unfavorably: to infect the air with poison gas.
- to corrupt or affect morally: The news of the gold strike infected him with greed.
- to imbue with some pernicious belief, opinion, etc.
- to affect with a computer virus.
- to affect so as to influence feeling or action: His courage infected the others.
- to taint with illegality, or expose to penalty, forfeiture, etc.
- to become infected.
- infect (Thesaurus)