indirect: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in"du-rekt', -dī-), [key]
- not in a direct course or path; deviating from a straight line; roundabout: an indirect course in sailing.
- coming or resulting otherwise than directly or immediately, as effects or consequences: an indirect advantage.
- not direct in action or procedure: His methods are indirect but not dishonest.
- not straightforward; devious; deceitful: He is known as a shady, indirect fellow.
- not direct in bearing, application, force, etc.: indirect evidence.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of indirect discourse: an indirect quote.
- not descending in a direct line of succession, as a title or inheritance.
- indirect (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.