Pronunciation: (in'sens), [key]
— n., v., -censed, -cens•ing.
- an aromatic gum or other substance producing a sweet odor when burned, used in religious ceremonies, to enhance a mood, etc.
- the perfume or smoke arising from such a substance when burned.
- any pleasant perfume or fragrance.
- homage or adulation.
- to perfume with incense.
- to burn incense for.
- to burn or offer incense.
Pronunciation: (in-sens'), [key]
— -censed, -cens•ing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- to inflame with wrath; make angry; enrage.