impromptu: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (im-promp't, -ty), [key]
- made or done without previous preparation: an impromptu address to the unexpected crowds.
- suddenly or hastily prepared, made, etc.: an impromptu dinner.
- improvised; having the character of an improvisation.
- without preparation: verses written impromptu.
- something impromptu; an impromptu speech, musical composition, performance, etc.
- a character piece for piano common in the 19th century and having, despite its title, a clear-cut form.
- impromptu (Thesaurus)