imposition: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (im"pu-zish'un), [key]
- the laying on of something as a burden or obligation.
- something imposed, as a burden or duty; an unusual or extraordinarily burdensome requirement or task.
- the act of imposing by or as if by authority.
- an instance of imposing upon a person: He did the favor but considered the request an imposition.
- the act of imposing fraudulently or deceptively on others; imposture.
- the ceremonial laying on of hands, as in confirmation or ordination.
- the arrangement of page plates in proper order on a press for printing a signature.
- the act of putting, placing, or laying on.
- imposition (Thesaurus)