Meaning of immediate
Pronunciation: (i-mē'dē-it), [key]
- occurring or accomplished without delay; instant: an immediate reply.
- following or preceding without a lapse of time: the immediate future.
- having no object or space intervening; nearest or next: in the immediate vicinity.
- of or pertaining to the present time or moment: our immediate plans.
- without intervening medium or agent; direct: an immediate cause.
- having a direct bearing: immediate consideration.
- very close in relationship: my immediate family.
- directly intuited.
- immediate (Thesaurus)