Meaning of illusion
Pronunciation: (i-l'zhun), [key]
- something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality.
- the state or condition of being deceived; misapprehension.
- an instance of being deceived.
- a perception, as of visual stimulithat represents what is perceived in a way different from the way it is in reality.
- a very thin, delicate tulle of silk or nylon having a cobwebbed appearance, for trimmings, veilings, and the like.
- the act of deceiving; deception; delusion.
- illusion (Thesaurus)