hypo: Meaning and Definition of
— n., pl. v. -pos,
- a hypodermic syringe or injection.
- a stimulus or boost.
- to administer a hypodermic injection to.
- to stimulate by or as if by administering a hypodermic injection.
- to increase, boost, or augment: to hypo the car's power by installing a bigger engine.
— n. Archaic.
- a prefix appearing in loanwords from Greek, where it meant “under” (hypostasis); on this model used, especially as opposed toin the formation of compound words (hypothyroid).
- hypo (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.