Meaning of hurry
Pronunciation: (hûr'ē, hur'ē), [key]
— v., n., pl. -ried, -ry•ing, -ries.
- to move, proceed, or act with haste (often fol. by up): Hurry, or we'll be late. Hurry up, it's starting to rain.
- to drive, carry, or cause to move or perform with speed.
- to hasten; urge forward (often fol. by up).
- to impel or perform with undue haste: to hurry someone into a decision.
- a state of urgency or eagerness: to be in a hurry to meet a train.
- hurried movement or action; haste.
- hurry (Thesaurus)