Meaning of hungry
Pronunciation: (hung'grē), [key]
— -gri•er, -gri•est.
- having a desire, craving, or need for food; feeling hunger.
- indicating, characteristic of, or characterized by hunger: He approached the table with a hungry look.
- strongly or eagerly desirous.
- lacking needful or desirable elements; not fertile; poor: hungry land.
- marked by a scarcity of food: The depression years were hungry times.
- aggressively ambitious or competitive, as from a need to overcome poverty or past defeats: a hungry investment firm looking for wealthy clients.
- hungry (Thesaurus)