hookup: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hook'up"), [key]
- an act or instance of hooking up.
- an assembly and connection of parts, components, or apparatus into a circuit, network, machine, or system.
- the circuit, network, machine, or system so formed.
- a device or connection, as a plug, hose, or pipe, for conveying electricity, a water supply, etc., from a source to a user: Some campsites have electrical hookups for trailers.
- an association, alliance, or cooperative effort: A closer hookup of Caribbean nations would be good for international trade.
- hookup (Thesaurus)