honest: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (on'ist), [key]
- honorable in principles, intentions, and actions; upright and fair: an honest person.
- showing uprightness and fairness: honest dealings.
- gained or obtained fairly: honest wealth.
- sincere; frank: an honest face.
- genuine or unadulterated: honest commodities.
- respectable; having a good reputation: an honest name.
- truthful or creditable: honest weights.
- humble, plain, or unadorned.
- chaste; virtuous.
- honest (Thesaurus)