Meaning of homology
Pronunciation: (hu-mol'u-jē, hō-), [key]
— pl. -gies.
- the state of being homologous; homologous relation or correspondence.
- a fundamental similarity based on common descent.
- a structural similarity of two segments of one animal based on a common developmental origin.
- the similarity of organic compounds of a series in which each member differs from its adjacent compounds by a fixed increment, as by CH.
- a classification of figures according to certain topological properties.
- homology (Thesaurus)