holding: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (h?l'ding), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that holds.
- a section of land leased or otherwise tenanted, esp. for agricultural purposes.
- a company owned by a holding company.
- Often,legally owned property, esp. stocks, bonds, or real estate.
- the entire collection of books, periodicals, and other materials in a library.
- the illegal obstruction of an opponent, as in football, basketball, or ice hockey, by use of the hands, arms, or stick.
- holding (Thesaurus)